My sister cuts out her patterns using her set of pattern weights. They’re nice, but they’re also expensive. I sometimes use canned goods as pattern weights, but have found that the tall cans often gets in they way of my arm. Noile at Noiledotnet suggests another alternative - large washers from the hardware store. Read her blog post to find out more.
By Anne Weaver
- Video tutorial: Hardware washer pattern weights
- Tutorial: Make your own monogrammed pattern weights
- Tutorial: Make inexpensive fabric weights out of hardware washers
- Tutorial: DIY pattern weights
- Lookie what she made: Wrapped washer pattern weights