When I was a kid, a busy book was a standard take-along to church. The big soft books filled with fabric pages would teach various counting, sorting, and fine motor skills, all the while keeping a young child quietly entertained. So I was taken back in time when I read about the busy book that Big Hands, Little World made for her own son. Read her blog post to see all the activities she included in this fabric book.
[via The Crafty Crow]
[tags]sewing, busy book, quiet play, education[/tags]
- Quiet Book page templates
- Free pattern: Quiet book templates
- Tutorial: Fabric quiet book loaded with pockets
- Lookie what she made: Busy book for small hands
- Tutorial: Benny Bunny pocket toy