Carrie posts a great idea over at Wardrobe Refashion. She wanted to make some neckties, but found that the lining that gives the tie its body was difficult to locate and very expensive. What’s a frugal girl to do? She went down to the local thrift shop and picked up some old ties for .25 cents (US) each, and then pulled the lining out to use on her new ties. I love the way she thinks! Read more at Wardrobe Refashion.
[tags]sewing, upcycle, tie, necktie, lining[/tags]
- Tutorial: Remake a wide necktie into a skinny tie
- Cool idea: A jacket becomes a skirt
- Lookie what she made: Padded carrying case from crib bumpers
- Lookie what she made: Frumpy thrift store dress to smart summer frock
- Lookie what she made: Bucket hat from old jeans