Designer yardage can be expensive. It’s beautiful, but making a large project from them – like curtains, for example – can be quite costly. Debra and Nicole from improv diary (and authors of the soon-to-be-released Improv Sewing) show how they pieced a remnant of a gorgeous Marimekko print on to inexpensive purchased curtains to create a designer edge without a shocking price tag. See how they did it at improv diary.
[photo from improv diary]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Crooked Heart Valentine’s votive or vase wrap
- Tutorial: Doodle stitched snowflake ornaments
- Tutorial: Simply Sewn Canvas Easter Basket
- Tutorial: Valentine bookmarks that kids can sew
- Tutorial: Tattoo style heart applique