Have you ever wondered whether Fray Check really works? Shannon from Shannon Sorenson Designs did, and so she created a little experiment. She put some ruffled cotton fabric through the wash, some treated with Fray Check and others pinked, ripped, or left raw. She shares the results of her experiment on her blog, Shannon Sews. Go to her post to see how Fray Check stood up to her test.
[photo from Shannon Sews]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Lengthen a covered elastic belt
- Tutorial: Shaving cream can cozy to prevent rust stains
- Tutorial: Mend a hole in gauze or other lightweight fabrics
- Tutorial: Add belt loops to a shirt to help define your waist
- Tutorial: Simple needlebook with pinked edges