Jessica from Running With Scissors shares a free pattern on her blog for making her Baby Sleep Sack with a crossover front. The cuffs include a flap that folds over the hands to protect baby from getting scratched by their sharp little fingernails. The pattern is sized for infants newborn to 6 months, which would make this an awesome baby gift! In fact, I’m planning on making some for a friend’s little baby girl due to arrive in the next few months. Get the sleep sack pattern.
And if that’s not enough to make you squeal out oud, she follows it up with a tutorial showing to adapt the sleep sack pattern to maek this sweet Spring Scrunched Baby Dress. It’s an adaptation of her baby sleepsuit pattern. Brilliant!! Get the how-to for making the Spring Scrunched Baby Dress.
[photo from Running With Scissors]
- Free pattern: Baby sleep sack
- Tutorial: Sew a sleep sack
- Tutorial: Make a baby’s sleep sack from a man’s dress shirt
- Free pattern: Hello Little Girl bow pocket dress for little girls
- Tutorial: Sleep sack with feet