Cindy from Siestas and Sewing guest blogs in the Make It In A Metre series at Kitschy Coo with a free pattern showing how to make a knit top and pair of shorts for girls. She calls it her Sandbridge Set, and it’s perfect for spring and summer time play! She was able to make 2 complete sets (2 tops and 2 shorts) out of just 1 meter of fabric, and she still had enough fabric left over to piece with some solid knit to make a couple more shirts. The pattern is for a girls size 5/6. If you need a different size, you can draft one yourself by tracing a shirt or shorts that fit and then using her 5/6 pattern as a shaping guide. Get the pattern and tutorial at Kitschy Coo.
[photo from Siestas and Sewing on Kitschy Coo]
- Free pattern: Perfect Fitted Cap Sleeve Tee
- Free pattern: Swimsuit for a little girl
- Free pattern: Her Favorite Sweater girl’s knit shirt
- Free pattern: Tennis Skirt for little girls
- Free pattern: Everyday Tee