Melissa from Blank Slate Patterns and Melly Sews shares a free pattern and tutorial for making her Sashiko Tunic. It’s a long sleeved shirt with a button placket and yoke, which she embellished with sashiko embroidery. The pattern is for someone with a 34″ bust and 36″ hips. If you need a different size, I’m sure you could adapt your favorite long-sleeved t-shirt pattern using her pattern as a shaping guide. Go to her pattern and how-to.
[photo from Melly Sews]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Women’s V-neck tee with pleated neckline
- Free pattern: High low top
- Free pattern: V-neck raglan sleeve baseball tee
- Free pattern: Mom’s Perfect Fit Shirt with a drapey hem
- Free pattern: Long sleeve for the Perfect Fit Shirt