Prudent Baby shares a free pattern for making a small child’s dress out of jersey knit. If you’ve been wanting to try your hand at sewing knit fabric, this is a good pattern to start with. The construction is simple and it’ll give you practice sewing stretch seams and binding the edges. The pattern is in a size 3T, but you could adjust it up or down as needed. Get the free pattern and tutorial.
[photo from Prudent Baby]
- Free pattern: Toddler’s double-breasted jacket
- Free pattern: Two-seam house slippers
- Free pattern: Fleece-lined mittens for toddlers
- Free pattern: Simple A-line dress for little girls
- Free pattern: Paper bag pants for little girls