Cindy from Cation Designs celebrates her one year blogiversary with a free downloadable pattern to make her Swing Top, a drapey blouse with a wide neck and raglan sleeves. It’s a modern day adaptation of a blouse worn by a Sybil and Edith on Downton Abbey. Wear it tucked in (shown here), belted, or hanging loose. She suggests making it from a lightweight, drapey fabric such as silk or rayon. The pattern will fit BurdaStyle sizes 34-38, Big 4 pattern companies sizes 8-12, or RTW clothing sizes 2-6. Go to her post for the download and tutorial.
[photo from Cation Designs]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Cap Sleeve Blouse
- Tutorial: Lightweight drapey cardigan
- Tutorial: Easy batwing tunic from a rectangle of fabric
- Free pattern: Men’s button up shirt
- Free pattern: Fringe Festival Knit Top