If you’re brand spankin’ new to sewing, the first skill to conquer is sewing in a straight line. It’s actually very easy, but you’ll need to some practice with your machine, learning how to guide the fabric under the needle and how hard to press the pedal to get an even speed. Mimi G Style has a free printable to help you along. It’s a whole page of stitch guides you can use to practice your lines. Go to Mimi G Style to get it.
By Anne Weaver
- Review: Bernina 780, part 2
- Tutorial: Recycled vinyl and fabric flower
- Free pattern: Fancy Schmancy Cloth Napkins
- Tutorial: Sewing with twin needles
- Tutorial: Tools to help you sew a straight line