The winner of our giveaway is lucky commenter #36, Mimi, who said:
I would love to see this bag in deep jewel colours. Thanks!
The folks at Rick Rack: Thread Therapy for Sewers continue their series of online workshops featuring well-known sewing experts.
In the workshop, she’ll walk you through the construction, helping you learn how to:
- – create a zipper placket;
- – piece and sew patchwork;
- – create inside and outside pockets;
- – make ribbon rosettes;
- – make and attach bag handles;
- – line a bag; and
- – construct a handbag
Registration for The Patchwork Rose Zippered Bag class is $59 for U.S. students and $69 for international students, and includes:
- – an autographed copy of the book, Inspired To Sew;
- – how-to video demonstration starring Bari J. Ackerman;
- – project instruction sheet with step-by-step color photographs;
- – 15% off discount coupon from Fabric.com; and
- – a supply list.
A less expensive registration option is also available if you don’t need the book. The class package without the book is $35 for U.S. students and $45 for international students. Registration is open now through July 20, 2011 at http://www.virtueradionetwork.com/rickrack.htm.
We’ve got a free registration to give away to one lucky Craft Gossip reader. To get yourself entered, just leave a comment on this post answering this question:
What would be a pretty color combo for a Patchwork Rose Zippered Bag?
I’ll pick one commenter at random to be the winner. Deadline is midnight EST on July 18, 2011. Good luck!!