What to do when your child outgrows his favorite shirt? It’s fairly easy to make a big shirt smaller, but what do you do when you need to make a small shirt bigger. Occasional Martha has a fix. She sewed cut off the sleeves of the small shirt, and then sewed longer sleeves from another shirt on to it. She even added length to the bottom with a faux layer. Read more about Occasional Martha’s t-shirt fix.
[tags]sewing, shirt, t-shirt, refashion, reconstruction[/tags]
By Anne Weaver
- Cool idea: Little girl’s dress from dad’s shirt
- Read all about it: Use up those scrap t-shirt sleeves!
- Tutorial: Turn a onesie into a t-shirt
- Tutorial: T-shirt maxi dress a tween will love
- Tutorial: One new appliqued t-shirt from two old tees