Many of us consider fused plastic bags to be an eco-friendly material for our craft projects. After all, it uses bags normally destined for a landfill to create a waterproof material suitable for wallets and pouches. The folks at Crafting a Green World point out, though, that the act of making the fused plastic releases gasses into the environment. So can we still consider it a green material? Go to Crafting a Green World and join the conversation.
[photo from Crafting a Green World]
- Tutorial: DIY iron-on t-shirt decals from plastic bags
- Tutorial: Pocket bib from fused plastic bags
- Tutorial: Make a wallet from fused grocery bags
- Tutorial: Fabric dog bone toy
- Fabric from plastic soda bottles?