Sewing Stars Blog has a great tutorial for making the ladder stitch. If you make pillows or softies, the ladder stitch is one of the most useful hand stitches to know. It can be used to close the stuffing hole without showing any of your stitches. In my house, we always call it, “that invisible closing stitch thingie,” but ladder stitch sounds much more official.
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Close a pillow (or softie) hole with an invisible ladder stitch
- Tutorial: Closing a gap when stuffing a softie
- Tutorial: Make a ladder stitch that closes softies and pillows
- Video tutorial: Close a stuffing hole with a whipstitch
- Video tutorial: Nearly invisible slip stitch