Joanne from Craft Passion made this tote entirely from recycled materials: fused grocery bags, old jeans, a curtain, and a rice sack. Rather than trying to cover up the markers of the items’ previous lives, she uses them as design elements. For example, the stripes are made from the bottom hem of the jeans and the round button from the side seams. See more pictures at Craft Passion blog.
[tags]sewing, recycled, tote, fused plastic, jeans[/tags]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Recycled Grocery Totes
- Tutorial: D-ring belt from fused plastic bags
- Tutorial: Pocket bib from fused plastic bags
- Tutorial: DIY shrink plastic buttons
- Tutorial: Reusable lunch sacks from recycled materials