Kataryna from Sew Chibi and Chibi Designs shows the very special Easter dresses she made for her daughters. She made both of them using patterns from a Japanese sewing book, but added her signature style and kid-inspired details. For her older daughter, she made a color blocked dress with a removable apron. The apron is decked out with a rainbow of cut out Easter eggs. The younger daughter got a jumper dress made from a fabric appliqued with a washi tape motif. Scattered throughout are secret “washi pockets”, cut out pockets with contrast linings that blend in with the washi appliques. Go to her blog to read more about the details on these fabulous dresses.
While you’re there, be sure to leave a comment on her post to enter a giveaway for $25 from Mold Muse. That’s the company who sells the molds she uses to make her own polymer clay buttons.
[photo from Sew Chibi]
By Anne Weaver
- Lookie what she made: Extravagent Easter Egg Hunt Dress
- Lookie what she made: Sew Chibi’s Christmas dresses
- Lookie what she made: Ruffled Easter lamb suit
- Lookie what she made: Rainbow Dash birthday dress
- Tutorial: Reversible detachable apron for a little girl’s dress