LiEr from ikat bag recently made a fabric playhouse for her daughter’s teddy bear Bearaby. It’s made like the child playhouses that fit over a card table, but she used a child’s play table instead so the scale is right for Bearaby. It has windows, curtains, a slit door, and an attic space. It even has a little hammock that can be stretched across the inside of the house when it’s time for Bearaby’s nap. She shares photos – and a quick how-to for making the hammock – on her blog. Go to her post to read more about Bearaby’s fine house and to find out how to make the hammock.
[photo from ikat bag]
By Anne Weaver
- Inspiration: Little fabric house
- Tutorial: Build a sewing table using IKEA
- Cool idea: A cutting table from old doors
- Busy book = quiet educational play
- Lookie what she made: Postage stamp tote bag