Abby Glassenberg from While She Naps, and author of the soon-to-be-released Stuffed Animals: From Concept to Construction, dishes on her favorite sewing tool. What is it, you ask? Why, it’s the ball point awl. She uses it when making her softies. Go to her blog to read more about this tool and how she uses it.
[photo from While She Naps]
By Anne Weaver
- Read all about it: 5 common difficulties for new sewing machine users
- Free pattern: Pete the Bear softie
- Abby Glassenberg’s advice for finding thrift store fabric & sewing supplies
- Tips for sewing through thick fabrics
- Tutorial: Restuff a special stuffed animal