Sunni from A Fashionable Stitch gives her game plan for creating a wardrobe filled with garments that she actually wants to wear. She starts by finding a garment in her closet that she loves but never wears, and then builds an outfit around that. Such a simple idea, and yet I bet most of us take a more haphazard approach to garment making. Go to her blog post to read about her game plan.
[photo from A Fashionable Stitch]
By Anne Weaver
- Determining the value of a handmade garment
- Read all about it: Steph’s advice for buying garment fabric
- Tutorial: Create a sewing pattern from a favorite garment
- See your handmade garments in Threads magazine!
- Read all about it: Sewing with quilted fabric