I love sewing on knit fabrics, but it can be difficult to find a local source for the stretchy t-shirt fabric you need. They’re much easier to find online, but you need to pay attention to knit types, weights and fiber content. To help make sense of the fabric descriptions you see online, Made By Rae shares a post all about buying knits online. Get the scoop on buying knits online.
[photo from Made By Rae]
- Simple test to determine fiber content
- Experiments in fiber content
- Freebie: Fibers & Fabric infographic
- Get the tip: Grab and store info about your fabric stash
- Read all about it: Tips for sewing knits, plus a tutorial for a mock coverstitch