When choosing fabrics for a sewing project, we often think of the visual considerations (large print vs. small print, floral vs. geometric) but issues of weight and drape also come into play. While it’s easy to imagine the visual aspects of the fabric, weight and drape can be trickier. Colette Patterns gives some guidance with a helpful article on the subject. Go to the article.
[tags]sewing, tutorial, fabric, choosing, weight, drape[/tags]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Waist adjustments when sewing pants
- Colette Patterns launches with sewing patterns for the indie fashion-lover
- Choosing the right fabrics
- Tutorial: Tracing patterns from a pattern magazine
- Read all about it: 12 details for lingerie