I was so excited when I saw this post from LiEr at ikat bag. Remember her pattern drafting series? I’m still digesting the wealth of information she shared about drafting and altering patterns for girls.
Well, now she’s going to tell us all about pockets. Patch pockets, cut-in pockets, welt pockets, and in seam pockets. By the end of the series, she’ll cover 26 different variations of the pocket. Before she starts, she gives some background information about fabric choice, interfacing, garment type, and the like. Go to the getting started article.
[photo from ikat bag]
- Freebie: Printable charts to help you choose your Pellon interfacing
- Tutorial: How to make in seam or patch pockets
- Tutorial: Pockets, pockets, pockets!
- Tutorial: Making patch pockets
- Tutorial: Welt pockets for a tailored look