Sisters Davena Rigel-Lipeman and Janisue Rigel collect sewing thimbles. The collection is a continuation of their mother’s hobby. In fact, some of the thimbles in the collection were ones that the sisters found for their mother. Though their mother is no longer with them, they continue to collect thimbles as a way of remembering her and her hobby. Judy Everett Ramos writes about their collection on Examiner.com. Go to her article to read about the collection and to see photos of all of the thimbles.
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Sew a hobby horse
- Read all about it: Inexpensive sources of fabric and notions
- Read all about it: Sewing on knits
- Tutorial: Memory photo albums from dad’s ties
- Tutorial: Zippered hoodie to buttoned jacket