LiEr from ikat bag writes a post on her blog all about teaching kids to sew. She wrote the post in response to the many questions she’s gotten from her readers about helping children learn to sew. She writes about the kinds of projects that motivate kids, when to start teaching them and the types of sewing appropriate for their age range, whether a child needs their own sewing machine, what to put in a child’s sewing basket, and more. Go to her post.
[photo from ikat bag]
By Anne Weaver
- Video tutorial: Teaching a child to sew
- Choosing the right knit fabric for your project
- Tutorial: Simple softie that kids can sew
- Tutorial: Easy potholder that kids can sew
- Tutorial: Teaching a child to sew