Karen from Sew Many Ways uses her iron to make it easier to sew up the opening of a decorative or throw pillow. Whether you use your sewing machine or hand stitches, her method will help keep the seam allowances where they need to be while you sew it closed.Go to her post to see her method.
[photo from Sew Many Ways]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Decorative stitch pillow covers
- Tutorial: Adding seam allowances to patterns
- Tips for using decorative stitches in your sewing projects
- Tutorial: Use a zig zag stitch to keep seam allowances from fraying
- Tutorial: Use French seams to avoid raw edges on your seam allowance