Hemming a pair of tapered pants can be a challenge. When you turn up the bottom edge, you’re stuck trying to stitch a smaller piece of fabric to a larger piece of fabric, all while keeping the hem smooth and unpuckered. Don’t fret! My Secret Pocket shows her method for hemming a pair of tapered pants.
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Ease a convex curve
- Tutorial: Putting narrow hems on curved pieces
- Tutorial: Make an easy shoe bag from a pair of pants
- Tutorial: Turn under a curved edge
- Tutorial: Use a coverstitch to help sew a narrow hem