Abby Glassenberg from While She Naps, and author of The Artful Bird, knows a lot about sewing through thick fabrics. It happens a lot when sewing through layers of fleece and fur when making softies. She shares a couple of tips she’s learned to help get the thick fabric to fit under the presser foot, and how to get stitches going. Go to her blog to read what she does.
[photo from While She Naps]
- Tips for writing sewing (or craft) tutorials
- Tutorial: Using fleece in your softie making
- Join the convo: Pattern testing in sewing books
- Tutorial: Restuff a special stuffed animal
- Free pattern: Felt pickle ornament