Ashley from Make It and Love It shares a tutorial on her blog showing how to make a basic 3-tiered gathered skirt. She shows two options – with exposed seams attaching the ruffles to the skirt, or hidden seams attaching the ruffles. Her tutorial includes a handy measurement chart to help you figure out how long to cut the strips of fabric for each ruffle. Get the tutorial.
[photo from Make It and Love It]
By Anne Weaver
- Freebie: Child measurement chart
- Tutorial: Custom drawstring liner to fit your picnic basket
- Tutorial: Tiered ruffle skirt PLUS a handy fabric calculator
- Freebie: Wallet-sized child’s measurement chart printable
- Sizing chart for sewing girls’ skirts