Mary from Pudding and Pie shares a tutorial on her blog showing how to alter a skirt pattern to add a kick pleat. The kick pleat adds extra width at the bottom of a straight or A-line skirt, making it easier to move around in (espcially for children). It also is adds a subtle design feature. Get the tutorial.
[photo from Pudding and Pie]
- Tutorial: Straight skirt to A-line skirt pattern alteration
- Tutorial: Toddler girl’s skirt with box pleat
- Tutorial: Use horizontal pleats to lengthen or shorten a skirt
- Tutorial: Exposed zipper ruffled skirt refashion
- Janome’s announces their newest sewing machines