Kate from See Kate Sew shows how to add elbow patches to a little boy’s long-sleeved tee. You could also do this to a jacket or sweater. It’s a quick project, requiring just a little bit of handstitching to attach the patches. She used pins to hold the patch in place, but if you don’t want to prick holes into the leather (or faux leather), you could also use some glue stick to hold it in place while you get it stitched down. Go to her blog for the tute.
[photo from See Kate Sew]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Add elbow patches to plain jacket or sweater
- Tutorial: Boy’s Harmonica Jacket with notched collar, cargo pockets, and elbow patches
- Tutorial: Mend a holey sweater with elbow patches
- Tutorial: DIY lace headband
- Tutorial: Add leather trim to a plain tee