Autumn from It’s Always Autumn shows how easy it is to add ruching to a sewing project. Elastic sewn on to the back gathers the fabric in for you. She shows it on a maxi skirt, but it’s also a nice detail for sleeves, pants hems, and the sides of shirts. Get the tute to see how to do it.
[photo from It's Always Autumn]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Peter Pan collar t-shirt refashion
- Tutorial: Ruched Christmas tree skirt
- Tutorial: Add quick and easy ruching to a tee
- Tutorial: Flat front, elastic back waistband
- Tutorial: Add a side seam split when hemming trousers