Debbie from Squiggly Twigs Designs shows how to add binding to the edge of a garment. Rather than starting from the front, she starts at the back. Her method ensures that you don’t have places where the stitching doesn’t catch the bias tape on the back. (HATE it when that happens!) Go to the tutorial.
[photo from Squiggly Twigs Designs]
[tags]sewing, tutorial, bias, tape, binding, skipped, missed[/tags]
- Tutorial: Raw-edged bias tape finish
- Read all about it: Bias cut fabric ribbons and resharpening your needles
- From my studio last week: June 14, 2011
- Tutorial: DIY hair extensions
- Tutorial: Finish the underarm with bias binding