Most printed patterns have you setting in a sleeve by stitching in a tight little circle around the armhole. Sunni from A Fashionable Stitch shows an easier way to do it on her blog. This is the method I use when I set in sleeves. It really is so much easier than trying to ease fabric in around a closed circle. Get the tutorial.
[photo from A Fashionable Stitch]
- Tutorial: Set in sleeves the easy way
- Tutorial: Tracing patterns from a pattern magazine
- Tutorial: My tried and true method for elastic casings
- Tutorial: Easy cap sleeve t-shirt
- Tutorial: Alter a darted bodice to create an armscye princess seam