Nike from Choose To Thrive shows make this super cute skirt, trimmed at the hem with autumn-themed patchwork and applique. She got the fabric for the skirt base from a fitted sheet. Brilliant!! Because the elastic is already attached to the fabric, you can make the basic skirt (minus the patchwork or applique) in just 10 minutes. That way you can focus your energy on the fun embellishment. Get the how-to.
[photo from Choose To Thrive]
[via U Create]
- Tutorial: Gathered skirt from a fitted sheet
- Tutorial: Super easy gathered skirt from a fitted sheet
- Tutorial: Make a fitted sheet from a flat sheet
- Tutorial: Magician’s hat applique pocket
- Tutorial: Add ruching to a sewing project