Delia from Delia Creates cut up a wool sweater and turned it into this lovely coat for her baby girl. She created her own pattern, using a basic bodice pattern as a starting point. She also shows one she made from fleece fabric. If you don’t have a wool sweater to cut or if you’re making one in a larger child size, you could consider fleece as an option as well. Check out her tute for a how-to.
[photo from Delia Creates]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Quick fleece lining for a trench coat
- Tutorial: Fingerless mittens from an old sweater
- Free pattern: 1940s inspired capelet
- Tutorial: Itty bitty coat for a newborn baby
- Free pattern: Child’s winter beanie