Carmel from Solomon was in love with the automatic buttonhole feature on her new sewing machine. That is, until she needed to sew an oversized buttonhole. The special foot could only accommodate buttons up to a certain size. Not to be outdone by her machine, she figured out a workaround and she shares the tutorial with the rest of us. Get the tutorial.
[photo from Solomon]
- Video tutorial: Sew buttonholes on your machine without a special foot
- Sew a buttonhole without an automatic feature
- Tutorial: Manual buttonhole with your sewing machine
- Video tutorial: 1-step buttonhole
- Tutorial: Handsewn buttonhole