Amy from Positively Splendid shows how to make a close a pillow opening with a handstitch that’s virtually invisible. It’s called a ladder stitch. It’s also often used when closing up stuffing holes on a softie. Go to her blog to see how to make one.
[photo from Positively Splendid]
By Anne Weaver
- Ladder stitch: An invisible handstitch for closing pillows
- Tutorial: Closing a gap when stuffing a softie
- Video tutorial: Close a stuffing hole with a whipstitch
- Tutorial: Virtually invisible handstitch for applique
- Tutorial: Ladder stitch to attach softie limbs