Debra and Nicole from Improv Diary (and authors of the soon-to-be-released Improv Sewing) show how to create their Crooked Heart votive or vase wrap. It’s made from an old t-shirt layered with vellum. Meandering and messy stitching creates a heart design in contrasting thread. Candlelight would be so beautiful shining through the translucent vellum windows! Get the tutorial at Improv Diary.
[photo from Improv Diary]
- Tutorial: Simply Sewn Canvas Easter Basket
- Tutorial: Tattoo style heart applique
- Cool idea: Use designer fabric remnants to dress up plain curtains
- Tutorial: Cider or wine bottle tote
- Tutorial: Valentine bookmarks that kids can sew