Colette Patterns shares a tutorial on their blog, The Coletterie, showing how to make a drawstring liner for a basket. You can make it to fit any size of rectangular basket because their tutorial includes a chart for figuring cutting dimensions based on the basket dimensions and your seam allowance. This is so awesome!! I’ll be using this chart to figure cutting sizes for all of my fabric box/bag projects. Get the tutorial (and the handy chart).
By Anne Weaver
- Read all about it: Common sizes for vintage patterns
- Freebie: Standard measurements for kids’ clothes
- Tutorial: Use a serger to help make a French seam
- Tutorial: Little girl’s bubble skirt
- Tutorial: 3-tiered gathered skirt