Filth Wizardry figured out how to make her own t-shirt iron-on decals using fused plastic bags. She shows what worked and what did not. She started with printed images on bags, but then expanded to create her own images by cutting shapes from solid colored bags. Her projects are making me want to hoard plastic bags so I can recreate her designs. Find out more at Filth Wizardry. (Additional information is available here.)
[photo from Filth Wizardry]
[tags]sewing, tutorial, t-shirt, tee, transfer, decal, iron-on, fused, plastic, bag, recycle, applique[/tags]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Pocket bib from fused plastic bags
- Cool idea: Let your kids create their own fabrics!
- Join the convo: Sewing with fused plastic, is it green?
- Tutorial: D-ring belt from fused plastic bags
- Tutorial: Reusable lunch sacks from recycled materials