Pam from Off the Cuff Sewing Style shows how to draft a pattern for a flounce. Add a flounce to the bottom of a shirt, skirt, or sleeve to add a new twist on a favorite sewing pattern. It looks like it would be difficult to come up with the rounded shape of a flounce, but Pam shows that it’s actually quite easy. Get the how-to.
[photo from Off the Cuff Sewing Style]
[tags]sewing, tutorial, draft, pattern, flounce, ruffle, curved[/tags]
- Tutorial: Draft a puff sleeve pattern
- Tutorial: Shirt-sleeve tote bag
- Tutorial: Retro-style apron with flounce
- Get the tip: Get the right gather on a gathered sleeve
- Tutorial: Adapt a basic sleeve pattern to create different sleeve styles