Stacie from Stars for Streetlights shares a tutorial at The Fashion Spot showing how she turned a thrifted (and rather dowdy) dress into a peplum shirt. She uses Aleene’s “Ok To Wash It” fabric glue to make it a no-sew project, but you could sew it up just as easily. Get the tute.
[photo from Stars for Streetlights on The Fashion Spot]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Reshape a straight skirt hem into a “high-low” hem
- Tutorial: Make a bow headband
- Tutorial: Chain strap summer top from a broken necklace
- Cool idea: Zippers as headbands
- Tutorial: Refashion a shapeless thrifted dress into a fitted peplum dress