Ruffles sure look pretty, but all that basting and pulling and pinning can take a lot of time. Debbie from Squiggly Twigs Designs shows how you can let your sewing machine do most of the work for you, no special gathering foot required. Go to her tutorial.
[photo from Squiggly Twigs Designs]
- Video tutorial: Gather fabric without pulling the threads
- Tutorial: Create ruffles using a gathering foot
- Tutorial: DIY hair extensions
- Tutorial: Gathering fabric, three ways
- Tutorial: Create ruffles without basting and pulling threads