When you’re teaching a child to sew, easy projects that are quickly completed are the key to helping build excitement and confidence. Justine from Sew Country Chick shares a tutorial for a project that fits the bill – a simple quilted potholder that uses only straight seams. It’s the first in a new series focused on sewing with children. Go to her tutorial.
[photo from Sew Country Chick]
By Anne Weaver
- Read all about it: Teaching kids to sew
- Tutorial: Learn to sew a straight line
- Tutorial: Easy Starter Top, an gathered top to make for little girls
- Tutorial: Travel sewing kit from a quilted potholder
- Tutorial: Teaching a child to sew