Jodie from The Haby Goddess shares a tutorial on her blog showing how to make an elastic casing around the neckline of a garment. Instead of just folding under the edges, which can create puckers due to the curve of the neckline, she uses bias tape to make the casing. No puckers, and its finished nicely on the underside. Get the how-to at The Haby Goddess.
[photo from The Haby Goddess]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: How to stitch bias tape to the edge of fabric
- Tutorial: Short pleated skirt with contrast hem
- Tutorial: Raw-edged bias tape finish
- Tutorial: Continuous bound placket
- Tutorial: Add a contrast elastic casing to the outside of a garment