Vanessa from Our Thrifty Ideas shows how she made this special birthday tutu for her baby girl. The tutu is made from strips of tulle for some poof, and strips of fabric for bright spots of color and pattern. For the waistband, instead of using a length of elastic as most tutu tutorials suggest, she used a crocheted headband. Great idea!! Get the tute.
[photo from Our Thrifty Ideas]
- Tutorial: Simple no-sew tutu
- Tutorial: Quick and easy embellished headband using a premade applique
- Tutorial: Dyed elastic for a waistband
- Cool idea: Birthday chair slipcover from felt
- Video tutorial: Finding the right measurements for elastic waistbands