Jos from Sew, Cook, Laugh and Live shows how to make her Favourite Dress, no pattern required. It’s made from rectangles of fabric and requires only straight seams to make. The long, full dress will look best when made out of a lightweight, flowy fabric. (She used voile for the one she made, but she also suggests a lightweight jersey.) Get the tutorial.
[photo from Sew, Cook, Laugh and Live]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Sew a lace layering top, no pattern required
- Tutorial: Simple lightweight scarf
- Sneak Peek: Little Folks voile by Anna Maria Horner
- Tutorial: Sew a versatile knit peasant dress
- Tutorial: Tiered cardigan