Blooms and Bugs shares a tutorial on her blog showing how to make her fringed and knotted Carnival Dress for little girls. This is a super easy sewing project – it takes just a couple of seams. She gets the knit fabric for the dress out of two t-shirts. Since you’re only using the bottom portions of the t-shirts, this would be a great use for shirts that have stains or holes around the neck or arms. Get the tute.
[photo from Blooms and Bugs]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Color blocked hooded tunic from repurposed t-shirts
- Tutorial: Layered t-shirt twirly skirt for little girls
- Tutorial: Drapey knit tunic
- Tutorial: Woven D-ring belt from t-shirt yarn
- Tutorial: Quick fix for a see-through t-shirt