Marissa from Rae Gun Ramblings guest blogs at Brassy Apple with a tutorial showing how she gathers fabric. Instead of running basting stitches across the top, she uses a zig zag stitch to couch a thin cord to the fabric. The zig zag stitches create a casing of sorts, so you can pull the thread to gather the fabric. Get the tutorial.
[photo from Rae Gun Ramblings on Brassy Apple]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Gathering fabric, three ways
- Tutorial: Simple gathered crib skirt with a casing and a sash
- Tutorial: Brassy Ruffle Top t-shirt refashion
- Tutorial: Easy fabric gathers with couched thread
- Tutorial: Girls Rosette Shrug